Courier Service Policies
Mailing to Foreign Jurisdictions
- Due to missing, incorrect or false account numbers presented on shipping labels and the fact that third party couriers do not actually charge the credit or debit card at the time the labels are printed, but when they arrive at their first destination, we can no longer use third party courier (i.e., UPS, FedEx, DHL) service for mailing to foreign jurisdictions.
- We will mail a USPS prepaid envelope and label to foreign jurisdictions as long as the sender’s address on the label is not the NC Secretary of State’s address.
- A pre-paid shipping label is required with the documents for processing. This shipping document is computer generated and can be obtained online from the courier service of your choice.
- If you do not supply a pre-paid shipping label or self-addressed stamp envelope, the document(s) will be returned via regular mail.
The Secretary of State’s Office is a scheduled Air delivery (not ground delivery) pick-up location for UPS and FedEx. Due to the policies of FedEx and UPS, these couriers will no longer pick up "ground" delivery envelopes with the routine "Air" delivery envelopes. Getting your document may take longer if a "ground" document is picked up with the "air delivery" documents. The couriers are requesting a pick-up call by the person receiving the envelope.
If you wish to use ground delivery for either FedEx or UPS:
- The Secretary of State’s Office will call you (at the number provided on the cover letter) when the documents are ready for pick-up; and
- You will have to schedule a pick-up of those documents from our location*.
The most commonly used courier services are:
- FedEx: www.fedex.com/us - 1-800-gofedex (1-800-463-3339) Click here to go order FedEx document
- UPS: www.ups.com – 1-800-pickups (1-800-742-5877) Click here to go order UPS document
- DHL: www.dhl.com/en/express/shipping/ship_online.html#overview www.dhl.com/en/express/shipping/ship_online.html#overview DHL does not have a daily pick up at the NC Secretary of State’s Office. You will need to call DHL for pick up when we let you know it is ready.
NC Secretary of State Location:
2 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601