Ms. Ann Turner Lichtner
- Serves as Director of Intergovernmental Relations in the Office of the Governor under Governor Mike Easley.
- Has responsibility for state-federal relations and state-local relations.
- Was initially appointed by Governor James B. Hunt Jr. in April of 1999.
- Prior to the appointment as Director served as Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Relations.
- Born in Rocky Mount and grew up in Raleigh. And graduated from Broughton High School in 1967 and from North Carolina State University in 1970 in sociology. Also received a Masters of Public Administration in 1980 from NCSU.
- Began career in 1970 at the Urban Affairs and Community Services Center at NSCU designing a comprehensive services program for elderly in the Glenwood Towers Housing project in Raleigh (under a grant from the Wake County Council on Aging).
- Began service in state government in 1972 under the administration of Governor James Holshouser as Director of the Outdoor Beautification Program. Following that served in the Department of Administrationís Office of Intergovernmental Relations and the Governorís Office of Intergovernmental Relations during both the Hunt, Martin and Hunt administrations.
- Married to Ray Lichtner, Director of Administration, Poyner and Spruill LLP; two daughters: Hanna Lichtner Compton of Nashville, Tenn. and Rachael Lichtner, a senior at NCSU.
- Moldova Connection: I serve as the Chairman of the Board of the Research Triangle International Visitors Council which hosts a number of visitors from Moldova. Often have the pleasure of briefing international visitors who are visiting the Governor's Office.
work email: firstname.lastname@example.org
home email: email@example.com
tel. 919-847-0489 (h)
Back to NC Members