North Carolina Psychology Board
The North Carolina Psychology Board was created in 1967 to carry out provisions of the North Carolina Psychology Practice Act. The Board’s mission is to protect the public from the practice of psychology by unqualified persons and from unprofessional conduct by persons licensed to practice psychology.
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Psychology Board.
Bookmark the link to the NC Psychology Board for your future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application and instructions from the “Incorporation/PLLC” link on the NC Psychology Board’s website.
- Submit the application and a copy of the Articles of Incorporation or Organization and payment in the amount of $50.00 to the NC Psychology Board.
- The NC Psychology Board will examine both documents and if sufficient, will provide a Certification of Application for your use in filing with the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board’s certification to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Submit a filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office to the NC Psychology Board. The NC Psychology Board will then issue a Certificate of Registration. Pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55B-10, “No professional corporation shall open, operate, or maintain an establishment for any of the purposes set forth in this Chapter without first having obtained a Certificate of Registration from the licensing board or boards.”
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity