North Carolina State Board of Examiners in Optometry
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional corporation or professional limited liability company Certificate of Registration through the NC State Board of Examiners in Optometry.
PLEASE REFER TO THE BOARD’S WEBSITE FOR OTHER INFORMATION.
Bookmark the link to the NC State Board of Examiners in Optometry for your future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Corporation or Professional
Limited Liability Company
- Download and complete the appropriate document from the Forms link on the Secretary of State’s Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application from the forms link on the NC State Board of Examiners in Optometry website. Note: Use the same form for both Professional Corporations and Professional Limited Liability Companies, you will need to change “Incorporators” to “Organizers” and “stockholders” to “members” for a PLLC application.
- Submit to the State Board of Examiners in Optometry the required documentation and filing fee in the amount of $50 made payable to the NC State Board of Examiners in Optometry.
- The Board will examine both documents and if sufficient, will provide a certification letter.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board’s certification letter to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with the required fee of $125
- Return a filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office. The Board will then issue the Certificate of Registration.
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity
- 21 NCAC 42C .0102 - Application
- 21 NCAC 42C .0103 - Fee
- 21 NCAC 42C .0104 - Naming Corporation or Limited Liability Company
- 21 NCAC 42C .0105 - Annual Renewal
- 21 NCAC 42C .0106 - Compliance with law: Rules and Regulations