North Carolina Board of Nursing
The North Carolina Board of Nursing is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of the public through regulating the delivery of safe, effective nursing care.
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board of Nursing.
PLEASE REFER TO THE BOARD’S WEBSITE FOR EXPLANATIONS OF TYPES OF LICENSES AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION.
Bookmark the link to the NC Board of Nursing for your future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application from the Professional Corporation/LLC link found under the “Practice” on the NC Board of Nursing website.
- Submit to the State Board of Nursing any required supporting documentation and filing fee in the amount of $50 to the NC Board of Nursing.
- The Board will examine both documents and if sufficient, will provide a certification letter.
- Submit the creation document along with the Board’s certification letter to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Return a filed copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office. The Board will then issue the license.
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 -Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 -Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 -Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 -Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity
- 21 NCAC 36 .0501 - PURPOSE AND DEFINITIONS
- 21 NCAC 36 .0503 - PREREQUISITES FOR INCORPORATION
- 21 NCAC 36 .0504 - CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- 21 NCAC 36 .0505 - GENERAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
- 21 NCAC 36 .0506 - FORMS
- 21 NCAC 36 .0507 - FEES
- 21 NCAC 36 .0601 - NAME OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
- 21 NCAC 36 .0602 - PREREQUISITES FOR ORGANIZATION
- 21 NCAC 36 .0603 - CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- 21 NCAC 36 .0604 - GENERAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
- 21 NCAC 36 .0605 - FEES