North Carolina Board for Licensing of Geologists
The North Carolina Board for Licensing of Geologists was established by legislation in 1983 to regulate the practice of geology in the State of North Carolina. The purpose of registration is the protection of the public health, safety and welfare.
Below is a summary of the procedures, laws and guidelines to obtain a professional business entity license through the NC Board for Licensing of Geologists (NCBLG).
Bookmark the link to the NCBLG for future reference.
Procedure to Create a Professional Business Entity
- Download and complete the appropriate business entity creation document from the Forms link on the Business Registration Division website.
- Download and complete the appropriate application from the Board’s Main webpage.
- Submit the application, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation or Organization (creation document from the Business Registration Division website) and payment in the amount of $55.00 to the NCBLG.
- The NCBLG will examine these documents and if sufficient, will provide a Certification of Application for your use in filing with the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Submit the original creation document along with the original Board’s certification to the Business Registration Division of the Secretary of State’s Office for filing with either $125 for a domestic entity (North Carolina) or $250 for a foreign entity receiving a Certificate of Authority.
- Return a copy of the Articles of Incorporation/Organization from the Secretary of State’s Office to the NCBLG. The NCBLG will then issue a Certificate of Registration.
- You must complete all steps above in order to receive your license number from the Board.
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. §55B-10, “No professional corporation shall open, operate, or maintain an establishment for any of the purposes set forth in this Chapter without first having obtained a Certificate of Registration from the licensing board or boards.”
- Chapter 55B
- Chapter 55D
- Chapter 57D-2-02
- 89E-7 - Limitations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0318 - Authorization of Foreign Professional Corporations
- 18 NCAC 04 .0502 - Words Prohibited in Addition to Statutory Prohibitions
- 18 NCAC 04 .0503 - Deceptively Similar and Distinguishable Names
- 18 NCAC 04 .0504 - Filing Fictitious or Assumed Name for Foreign Entity