Skip Navigation


Filing International Agreements

International Agreements and memoranda of understanding of a non-commercial nature between the State of North Carolina, or any agency of the State, and a foreign government should be filed with the NC Department of the Secretary of State Publications Division. The Publications Division policy for filing foreign agreements is that one complete copy of the original agreement in English and any other signatory languages must be filed with the Division within thirty (30) working days after the date of signature.Filings must be mailed to:

Publications Division
N.C. Department of the Secretary of State
P.O. Box 29622
Raleigh, NC 27626-0622

Please note that only agencies of the State should file foreign agreements with us. Public educational institutions are not agencies of the state to the extent that their foreign agreements relate to their educational, research, or extension activities. Affected agencies that have entered into foreign agreements since July 1, 1999 should file copies of those agreements with us. There is no charge for filing these agreements.

Once agreements are filed with our office, certified copies may be obtained for $10 per certification, plus $0.20 per page and applicable NC sales tax. Uncertified copies may be obtained at a cost of $0.20 per page, plus applicable NC sales tax.The Publications Division accepts cash, personal checks, business checks and money orders for payment, but cannot accept credit cards. Please do not send cash payments by mail.

How can we make this page better for you?

Request Support

Request support or submit a suggestion, we will get back to you via email or phone.

Get Started
Back to top