Hold an Organizational Meeting
Review your Partnership’s Certificate of Registration. What you put in your Certificate of Registration affects what needs to happen at this meeting. For example, you may need to:
- Designate general partners (if you didn’t list them in the Certificate of Registration).
- Consider admitting other partners.
- Develop and execute a written Partnership Agreement.
- Decide when the fiscal year will start and end.
- Decide which partners have the authority to act on behalf of the partnership.
- Set up checks and balances to protect all parties