Hold an Organizational Meeting
Review your nonprofit's Articles of Incorporation. What you put in your Articles of Incorporation affects what needs to happen at this meeting. For example, you may need to:
- Elect Directors if you didn't list them in the Articles.
- Elect or choose Officers
- Adopt By-laws
- Decide when the fiscal year will start and end.
- Adopt resolutions that say who can do the Corporation's banking and related actions.
- Set up checks and balances to protect each other and the nonprofit
- Decide if the nonprofit will be soliciting funds.
You may also want to purchase a company seal from your local office supply company.