Review your nonprofit's Articles of Incorporation. What you put in your Articles of Incorporation affects what needs to happen at this meeting. For example, you may need to:
- Elect Directors if you didn't list them in the Articles.
- Elect or choose Officers
- Adopt By-laws
- Decide when the fiscal year will start and end.
- Adopt resolutions that say who can do the Corporation's banking and related actions.
- Set up checks and balances to protect each other and the nonprofit
- Decide if the nonprofit will be soliciting funds.
You may also want to purchase a company seal from your local office supply company.