Hold an Organizational Meeting
Review your Articles of Incorporation. What you put in your Articles of Incorporation affects what needs to happen at this meeting. For example, you may need to:
- Elect Directors if you didn't list them in the Articles of Incorporation.
- Elect Officers and decide if they will be paid. If they'll be paid, decide how much.
- Adopt Corporate By-laws
- Issue shares of stock
- Decide when the corporation's fiscal year will start and end.
- Adopt resolutions that say who can do the Corporation's banking and related actions.
- Set up checks and balances to protect all parties
- Decide how you will be taxed.
You may also want to purchase a company seal from your local office supply company.