The Central Filing Office (Department of the Secretary of State) and the Local Filing Offices in the State (Registers of Deeds) strongly recommend the following:

  • Use the National UCC filing forms

    The North Carolina central filing office and the Local Filing Offices statewide strongly recommend the use of the National UCC forms to reduce the possibility of the rejection of any UCC records tendered for filing in either of these offices.

  • Do not put more than one amendment on a UCC-3.

    Due to the inability of some filing offices to record multiple amendments on one UCC record, both the central and local filing offices strongly recommend using the UCC-3 National filing form to file only one amendment at a time.

UCC Forms