- Professional Association - Carolina Adoption Services (a non-profit international adoption agency in Greensboro)- Association with committee – alternate to Moldova Bilateral Advisory Committee Meetings when Rosemary Martin, Executive Director of the Agency, is unable to attend
- Interest in Moldova – our agency has an adoption program in Moldova. Additionally, we have set up a sponsorship program for orphaned youth in the 15 to 18 year range. Through this program, we locate NC sponsors who are willing to contribute $600 per year to the youth when they are released from the orphanages. These monies cover the cost of food, clothing, shelter, transportation and educational supplies and enable the youth to pursue higher education in Moldova
- Married, 3 children, one dog, have lived in Greensboro for 18 years; have worked at Carolina Adoption for 14 months and prior to that for 10 years at Vanguard Cellular Systems/AT&T Wireless Services. Have been extensively involved in volunteer work during my 18 years in Greensboro. Organizations include the schools my children attended, the church we attend, the United Way, Greensboro Youth Soccer Association, Sister City organization, Humanitarian Aid Committee at Carolina Adoption Services, US Tennis Association, etc.
- Address, phone, e-mail – Carolina Adoption Services, 120 West Smith Street, Greensboro, NC 27401-2028, (336) 275-9660 est. 138, (336) 273-9804 fax, firstname.lastname@example.org, web page is www.carolinaadoption.org
- The Moldovan sponsorship project began in January of 2001. At this time 35 youth have sponsors, and there are 15 youth still in need of support. I am actively seeking additional sponsorship, and expect to have all of the youth sponsored within the next 3 months.
- The greatest project of the moment is securing funds so that I can travel to Moldova and spend a week or so there. My project is dependent on the support of local individuals who I have never met. I am also eager to meet with the students participating in the sponsorship program as well as the individuals responsible for recommending students for participation in the project. They include the Minister of Education, the school principals and the orphanage directors.
Back to Top