Investor Education Links
The following links will lead investors, entrepreneurs, securities professionals, and other interested persons to sources of information about investing and investments.
Information presented on this website is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the reader. While every effort is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, the Secretary of State does not certify the authenticity of information herein that originates from third parties. The Secretary of State shall under no circumstances be liable for any actions taken or omissions made in reliance on any information contained herein or for any other consequences of any such reliance.
- FSI: FRAUD SCENE INVESTIGATOR
- FSI: Fraud Scene Investigator offers teachers and home users a non-commercial, online interactive investor education curriculum that may satisfy state and local education standards and objectives while encouraging the use of online news content and further individual research. Included is a free teacher workbook.
- KIDS AND MONEY
- Watch a MoneyTrack episode featuring Damon Williams, a high school student who has become a model investor. This episode will help teach kids how to invest.
- THE BASICS OF SAVING AND INVESTING: INVESTOR EDUCATION 2020
- Developed by the Investor Protection Trust, The Basics is a free investor education and protection teaching guide complete with lesson plans and handouts. Although developed for high school teachers, its content lends itself to all kinds of investor education and protection initiatives. Enhance the lesson plans by using downloadable segments of MoneyTrack that fit the particular unit you are teaching.
- NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION
- North Carolina public schools are now required to teach personal financial literacy to students. This site contains lots of information and useful links to help you develop lesson plans.