Links to Consumer Information and Research Sites
- North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
- http://www.ncnonprofits.org/-- An excellent resource for North Carolina donors and charitable organizations alike. Site contains an informative links list organized by topic.
- American Institute of Philanthropy
- https://www.charitywatch.org/home -- This charity watchdog site contains donor tips and rates charities based upon the percentage of donations used for program services.
- http://www.give.org/ -- A new merger combining the National Charities Information Bureau (NCIB), the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, and the Better Business Bureau's Philanthropic Advisory Service. The result is a comprehensive site of information and advice concerning charitable giving and charitable organizations.
- http://www.guidestar.org/Home.aspx --A non-profit research organization that provides information on non-profits filing Form 990 and similar federal tax forms.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics
- http://nccs.urban.org/ --The National Center for Charitable Statistics works with government agencies and private sector groups to develop databases and uniform standards for reporting charitable activity.
- Urban Institute
- http://www.urban.org/ --The Urban Institute conducts research on nonprofit organizations.
- The Foundation Center
- http://www.fdncenter.org --This site provides information on foundations, including a nationwide search tool for locating information on a particular foundation.
- Charities Review Council
- http://smartgivers.org --This Minnesota-based organization provides information to donors and creates and applies standards for accountability to selected charitable organizations, providing the results for donor use.
- http://charityvillage.com/ --This site is an information repository regarding Canadian nonprofit and charitable organizations.
- Network for Good
- http://www.networkforgood.org --An online portal site for charitable organization, donation, and volunteer information.