Skip Navigation


Service Complaints

The NC Secretary of State’s Office cannot help you with any problems you are having with your cable service provider.

Below are some steps you can take to get help with a cable TV problem:

  • Call or contact your cable TV company. Their number should be on your bills.
  • Look at your bill:
    • If it lists a local government (city, county, town), call the number on the bill. If your bill lists a local government, then your local government is in charge of the cable franchise.

    • If it lists the NC Department of Justice or the NC Attorney General, your cable TV is provided under a State cable franchise. The Attorney General has some power to help with State cable franchise issues. Call the number for the Attorney General on your bill or:

      NC Department of Justice
      Consumer Protection Division
      9001 Mail Service Center
      Raleigh, NC 27699-9001
      (919) 716-6000

For additional information for the Cable TV Consumer, please review the FAQs by clicking the link to the right.

How can we make this page better for you?

Request Support

Request support or submit a suggestion, we will get back to you via email or phone.

Get Started
Back to top