Notary, eNotary and Emergency Video Notarization - CLE February 25, 2021 - 9 AM
Notice of Upcoming Free Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Course Pending Approval by the North Carolina State Bar
3 hour CLE
Title: Notary, eNotary and Emergency Video Notarization
This course will cover North Carolina General Statute 10B, Article 2 and Article 3. The primary components of and purpose of the Notary and eNotary law will be taught, including personal appearance requirements, satisfactory evidence of identity, the acquisition and practical use and storage of the electronic notary signature and seal. This course will also cover the provisions of the Emergency Video Notarization law which allows for remote notarization through the use of video conferencing technology.
Completion of this 3 hour CLE will satisfy the education requirement to become an electronic notary public in North Carolina. The electronic notary public exam will be offered at the conclusion of the course for attendees who want to become an Electronic Notary. In order to register as an electronic notary public the applicant must:
• Have a current N.C. notary commission
• Must complete an application and submit it along with $50 to the N.C. Department of Secretary of State
• Must pass the eNotary exam with a score of at least 80%
• Detailed instructions can be found at: https://www.sosnc.gov/enotary/enotaryhowto.aspx
• (Those who have two (2) years or less remaining on their current commission will be given the option to renew their notary commission early because the eNotary registration will expire on the same date as the notary commission).
N/A, NC N/A
For more information or support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org