The main elements required in the Application for Certificate of Authority are:
- Name of the Corporation, including an appropriate ending.
- Registered Office and Registered Agent’s street address, mailing address, if different from the street address, of the corporation’s registered office and the name of the corporation’s initial registered agent are required. The registered office street address and the registered mailing address must be located in North Carolina.
- Principal Office physical and mailing address.
- The name and address of each officer. At least one officer and director must be a licensee of the applicable Licensing Board.
- A designation of the personal (professional) service or services to be rendered by the professional corporation.
- A certification by the applicable Licensing Board that the ownership of the shares of stock is in compliance with the requirements of Chapter 55B of the NC General Statutes.
- A Certificate of Existence from the entity’s home state or country.