RequirementsLimited Liability Partnership (LLP)
The main elements required in the Application for Registration as a Registered Limited Liability Partnership are:
- Name of the LLP. The name must include an applicable Limited Liability Partnership ending. Acceptable endings include LLP, L.L.P, RLLP and Ltd. Liability Partnership.
- Registered Agent and Registered Agent Office. Registered Office and Registered Agent’s street address, mailing address, if different from the street address, of the LLP’s registered office and the name of the LLP’s initial registered agent are required. The registered office street address and the registered mailing address must be located in North Carolina.
- Principal Office. Principal Office physical and mailing address.
- Fiscal Year End Date. The month and date of the LLP’s fiscal year end.
- Optional E-Mail Address. The Secretary of State’s Office will e-mail the business automatically at the address provided at no charge when a document is filed. The e-mail provided will not be viewable on the website. For more information on why this service is being offered, please see the instructions for this document.
- Effective Date. The document will be effective on the date and at the time of filing, unless a delayed date or an effective time (on the day of filing) is specified. If a delayed effective date is specified without a time, the document will be effective at 11:59:59 p.m. on the day specified. If a delayed effective date is specified with a time, the document will be effective on the day and time so specified. A delayed effective date may be specified up to and including the 90th day after the day of filing
- Execution. The document must be signed by at least one of the LLP’s general partners.
The filing fee is $125.00